At Chicago Children’s Theatre, we produce high-quality, professional productions for students of all ages. We offer discounted ticket prices to school groups in an effort to make our shows affordable to institutions expanding their students’ learning beyond the classroom.
Our tickets start at $13 per ticket (for CPS schools), and $15 per ticket for private schools.
For information and descriptions about our upcoming shows, check out our Current Season. Keep in mind that school performances take place during the week (Tuesdays – Fridays) and are not shown on our public calendar.
“We LOVED the play! We were really impressed by the performance, and we had an awesome discussion of how the story connected to our unit today in class.”
– Laurel McAlpine from Gunsualus Elementary
“Thank you for the opportunity to view Seedfolks. It was amazing. Our students really enjoyed the performance. It has inspired them to create their own plays and monologues.”
– Angela Henderson from Hefferan Elementary
Field Trip FAQs
Q: How do I book group tickets for a Student Matinee Performance?
A: Please fill out the Reservation Form above. To complete the form, you will need to know the following:
- What show you would like to see
- How many students and adults will be attending
- Which performance dates and times you can attend
- Any accessibility needs your group may have
- What valid credit card (school or personal) you will use to hold your seats until full payment is received
Q: Why do I need to enter credit card information to reserve my group’s seats?
A: A credit card is needed to hold your reservation in our ticketing system until full payment is received from your school. The credit card you provide will NOT be charged unless 1) you give CCT permission to charge the full amount due for your field trip, or 2) your group cancels the reservation within 6 weeks of the scheduled attendance date.
Q: What is your Cancellation Policy?
A: You may fully cancel your reservation via email without penalty at least 6 weeks or more in advance of your scheduled attendance date. Full cancellations within 6 weeks of the scheduled attendance date will be charged 50% of the total balance due to the card used to hold the reservation. Once payment has been received there will be no refunds.
Q: Do you require a deposit and/or a contract?
A: Groups need to provide three items to hold their reservation until full payment has been made: 1) a valid major credit card, 2) a signed contract, and 3) a bus transportation confirmation.
Q: How and when will I receive confirmation of my reservation?
A: After completing the online Reservation Form, you will receive an email with your contract and detailed payment requirements. The email will also contain important day-of-show information to ensure your field trip is a success. Please note that processing orders may take up to 3 business days.
Q: Do teachers and chaperones need to purchase tickets to attend?
A: Yes, every member of the group must purchase a ticket.
Q: Are there any fees when purchasing tickets to Student Matinees?
A: There is a flat $10 handling fee added to the total order.
Q: When is a payment due?
A: Full payment is due no later than 4 weeks (20 business days) prior to your scheduled performance date. Payment can be made by major credit card or by a check sent to our administrative offices.
Q: Do you accept CPS purchase orders?
A: Yes. A copy of the purchase order must be provided via email at least four weeks prior to the scheduled attendance date.
Q: Are further reduced-price tickets available?
A: The cost of our Student Matinee tickets is significantly lower than our standard weekend single and group ticket prices. Our performances are of a professional caliber and we pride ourselves in compensating our performers and artists with a living wage.
Q: Will each person in my group receive an individually printed ticket?
A: No. In order to save on paper, we do not issue printed tickets to school groups. We take a head count of your group before you enter the theatre to ensure the number of people present does not exceed the number of purchased tickets.
Q: Can I make adjustments to the number of tickets I request for my group?
A: Pending availability, slight adjustments in group tickets may be accommodated without penalty prior to full payment or 4 weeks in advance of the performance, whichever is first. Final payment must reflect the number of tickets agreed upon at the 4-week deadline.
Q: Are educational materials available to educators prior to the performance?
A: Yes. We create Study Guides for applicable shows in our season. Study Guides are are made available on our website approximately 1-2 weeks prior to the show’s opening. Looking for our current Study Guides? (link)
Q: Is parking available?
A: Yes, for cars/vans and no for buses. Individual cars and vans are welcome to park in our lot for performances. Buses must drop off students in our parking lot for safety reasons, but they cannot park in our parking lot during performances. Buses may park in the United Center parking lot directly west of the theatre on Madison.
If you still have questions related to field trips, please contact our Guest Services Team at email@example.com, or by calling (312) 374-8835.
Terms and Conditions
- All payment(s) are due on the dates indicated on the Reservation Confirmation, and reservations are not guaranteed until receipt of full payment and transportation confirmation. Upon receipt of full payment, ticket orders are final, and no refunds will be issued. In certain cases, Chicago Children’s Theatre may require payment in full before accepting a group reservation.
- Performance Cancellation Policy: In the event of a performance cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen factors, Chicago Children’s Theatre will work with the Group to exchange into another performance within its current season. If no other performance can be agreed upon by both parties, Chicago Children’s Theatre reserves the right to retain 50% of full payment OR will authorize a refund of any and all payments previously made by the group for the contracted performance on a case-by-case basis.
- Group Cancellation Policy: To avoid the penalty, cancellations must be made by email at least 6 weeks prior to the attendance date. Groups that cancel their reservation within 6 weeks or less of their scheduled attendance date will be charged 50% of the total balance due to the credit card provided on the School Group Reservation Form.
- Full payment and transportation confirmation must be received by Chicago Children’s Theatre at least 4 weeks prior to the scheduled performance date unless otherwise noted or agreed to by prior arrangement with Chicago Children’s Theatre, or the reservation will be canceled and tickets released for sale with no refunds for an initial payment(s) made by the Group.
- Additional group rate tickets may be requested up to 48 hours prior to the performance date. Additional tickets are subject to availability. Any tickets requested less than 72 hours prior to performance date may be charged at the full, non-discounted ticket price, and must be paid for in full at the time of sale.
- The number of total group tickets in a given Reservation Confirmation may be reduced EITHER up to the date that full payment is due OR 4 weeks prior to the scheduled performance date, whichever is first. Any reductions after either the 4-week deadline or full payment deadline will not be subject to any refunds. Groups falling below the 20-person minimum will be charged the regular, non-discounted ticket price.
- Please mail any checks to Chicago Children’s Theatre, ATTN: Group Sales, 100 S. Racine Ave, Chicago, IL 60607. Make checks payable to Chicago Children’s Theatre. No single ticket checks will be permitted on group orders. Only one check per payment will be accepted.
- Chicago Children’s Theatre is not responsible for refunding unclaimed tickets for prepaid groups.
- The use of any photography or recording devices by any member of the Group during the performance is strictly prohibited, and any unauthorized use of devices to capture the performance may result in the Group being removed from consideration for any future performances.
- Chicago Children’s Theatre’s liability for non-performance under this Agreement is limited solely to the total monies already paid pursuant to this Agreement prior to non-performance.
- If Chicago Children’s Theatre or the Group shall be prevented from exercising the terms of this Agreement, or if the production hereunder shall be interrupted or canceled due to epidemic, fire, strikes, labor disputes, governmental or court order, act of God, public enemy, wars, riots, civil commotion, day of national mourning, illness of performers, or any other cause beyond the company’s or group’s control, such interruption shall not be deemed a breach of this Agreement. Every effort will be made by both parties to reschedule the field trip to a mutually agreed-upon performance in the current season. If no other performance can be agreed upon by both parties, Chicago Children’s Theatre reserves the right to retain 50% of full payment OR authorize a refund of any and all payments previously made by the group for the contracted performance on a case-by-case basis.
- This Agreement shall be subject to and governed by the law of the State of Illinois.
- All orders are subject to the terms of the agreement as listed above. If you are unable to meet the terms of this agreement, please contact Chicago Children’s Theatre immediately. Chicago Children’s Theatre reserves the right to refuse reservations.