During this difficult time when many students aren’t in school, Chicago Children’s Theatre is encouraging children to build new worlds and stories in their homes equipped with their imaginations, found objects, family members (pets included), and some help from us! The top 3 staff picks will be featured on Chicago Children’s Theatre’s YouTube page, and THE WINNER will receive their choice of a Family Four Pack to CCT’s 2020/21 Season OR one free class session sponsored by The Ralla Klepak Trust for the Performing Arts.
So get creative, grab your props from around the house, and get to brainstorming. Nothing is off-limits––make new artwork for scenery, use your favorite stuffed animal as your sidekick, enlist your cat to play a superhero, and create puppets with spoons. Or cast a parent as your nemesis, or build a blanket fort for your laboratory…anything goes!
The Ralla Klepak Foundation Play at Home Contest Rules
- Your play MUST include a mythical creature of your choice, an evil villain, AND one of your family members
- This challenge is ideal for ages 12 and under
- Your video should be 5 minutes or less
- Ask an adult to help you send the video via Dropbox, Google Drive, or WeTransfer to email@example.com
- To be considered for the prize, your video must be submitted by April 20, 2020
- Receive bonus points for asking a parent or guardian to share portions of the videos and “on set” photos while tagging Chicago Children’s Theatre on Facebook/Instagram AND using the hashtag #PlayAtHomeContest
- By submitting video, photography, and audio to Chicago Children’s Theatre, you give permission for CCT to share the submitted materials on any online platform without the expectation of compensation to you or your heirs.
Questions or stuck? Let Dexter know by asking an adult to help you email Dexter at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can help you out over email or set up a FaceTime session!