CHICAGO CHILDREN’S THEATRE
Summer Camp Teaching Artist Apprenticeship
The Summer Camp Teaching Artist Apprentice will work closely with the Community Programs Artistic Director, Education team, and Camp Teaching Artists to implement summer camps at CCT’s The Station in Chicago’s West Loop. This opportunity offers hands on training with professional teaching artists.
- Assist Teaching Artists during summer camp activities and rehearsals
- Lead prep/set up of classrooms with appropriate materials and equipment for camp activities, based on Teaching Artist curriculum and activity needs
- Attend daily teaching artist meetings to reflect on success and acknowledge areas of improvement, making adjustments to camp schedule as needed
- Implement consistent procedures to create a stable camp environment
- Maintain an organized inventory of camp supplies and report material needs appropriately
- Provide insight of camp activities for camp newsletter
- Facilitate snack, lunch, and recess times with other apprentices and education staff
- Assist in staffing The Station front desk during camp and after-care hours
- Other duties as assigned
Apprentices are required to be present for the entire camp day (Monday through Friday, 8:30-4pm) and for the final performance(s) on Friday afternoons (performances/strike typically conclude by 5pm)
*This is an unpaid, educational apprenticeship, and is eligible for college credit with participating institutions
Skills & Qualifications:
- An interest and skill in one of the following areas: acting, singing, musical performance, dance/choreography, craft/building/design
- An interest in children’s programming and working with children ages 6-11 years old
- Proven communication, organizational, and writing skills
- Ability to adapt to schedule changes
- Past experience working with children preferred
- Valid CPR, First Aid, and AED certification preferred
Please submit cover letter and resume to Samantha Buckman Rowley at firstname.lastname@example.org and CC Frank Maugeri at email@example.com. Please include “Summer Camp Apprentice” in the subject line.
Crafts people should also submit an example of their work.