CHICAGO CHILDREN’S THEATRE
Education & Community Programs Internship
The Education & Community Programs Intern will work closely with the Community Programs Artistic Director and Education team to imagine, realize, coordinate, and implement courses, camps, and family experiences at The Station, Chicago Children’s Theatre’s home.
Interviews will take place at The Station (100 S Racine) from 9am-5pm, August 6-10.
Overview of Duties (include but are not limited to the following):
- Assist and provide support to Lead Teaching Artists in the classroom as needed (classes range in discipline and include story-telling, filmmaking, theatre arts, dance, and craft)
- Answer parent and perspective student questions
- Prepare and reset classrooms for programming
- Craft proposals for future course offerings and events
- Photograph classes and archive photos
- Create and distribute parent newsletters
- Conduct research projects relating to courses, camps and activities, as assigned by Community Programs Artistic Director
- Maintain list of contacts (artists, potential donors, neighborhood/community partners, etc.)
- Assist with weekday class sign-in and sign-out
- Provide lobby coverage during class times and throughout the day
- Lead and provide support for after school pick-up from nearby schools
- Create and issue parent, teaching artist, and student surveys
- 3 months between September and December
- Approximately 24 hours per week, Monday through Saturday
- Ideal candidate maintains a consistent schedule
- Days/Hours scheduled flexible to intern’s schedule
*This is an unpaid internship.
*This is an educational internship, and is eligible for college credit with participating institutions.
Skills & Qualifications:
- An interest or skill in performance and craft (storytelling, singing, musical performance, film making, painting, drawing, puppetry, etc.)
- Strong communication, organizational, and writing skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and ability to work independently
- A sincere interest in children’s arts programming and arts education
Please submit cover letter, resume, and availability (as indicated above) to Dexter Ellis at email@example.com and Frank Maugeri at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Community Programs Internship” in the subject line.