FIELD TRIPS AT CHICAGO CHILDREN’S THEATRE
Click here to book your field trip for the 2018-2018 Season
Chicago Children’s Theatre provides high-quality, professional productions to children and families of all ages. Starting at $12 per ticket, we offer deeply discounted ticket prices to school and field trip groups to make our productions accessible and affordable to all. Attending a show at CCT is a great way to extend education outside of your classroom.
For more information and descriptions about our upcoming shows, please visit our 2018.2019 Season Page.
If you would like to book tickets for a school field trip, please complete and submit a Reservation Form (link above). After completing the form, you will be sent a Reservation Confirmation via email. Please refer to our FAQ section for additional questions.
Not quite ready to complete the Reservation Form? Feel free to call or email directly with inquiries or questions regarding specific productions, process, payments, and/or pricing/discounts.
Questions or Concerns? Please email our Guest Services department.
FIELD TRIP FAQs
Q: How do I book group tickets for a Student Matinee Performance?
A: Please fill out the Reservation Form. To complete the form successfully you will need to know the following:
- What show you’d like to see
- How many students and adults will be attending
- What performance dates and times you can attend
- Any accessibility needs your group may have
- What valid credit card (school or personal) you will use to hold your seats until full payment is received
Q: Why do I need to enter credit card information to reserve my group’s seats?
A: A credit card is needed to hold your reservation in our ticketing system until full payment is received from your school. The credit card you provide will NOT be charged unless 1) you give CCT permission to charge the full amount due for your field trip, or 2) your group cancels the reservation within 5 weeks of the scheduled attendance date.
Q: What is your Cancellation Policy?
A: You may cancel your reservation via email without penalty at least 6 weeks or more in advance of your scheduled attendance date. Cancellations within 6 weeks of the scheduled attendance date will be charged 50% of the total balance due to the card used to hold the reservation.
Q: Do you require a deposit and/or a contract?
A: Yes and no. In the past, we have required both a deposit and a signed contract. Now groups simply need a valid major credit card and a signed contract to hold the reservation until payment in full has been made.
Q: How and when will I receive confirmation of my reservation?
A: After completing the online Reservation Form, you will receive an email with your contract and detailed payment requirements. The email will also contain important day-of-show information to ensure your field trip is a success! Please note that processing orders may take up to 3 business days.
Q: Do teachers and chaperones need to purchase tickets to attend?
A: Yes, every member of the group must purchase a ticket.
Q: Are there any fees when purchasing tickets to Student Matinees?
A: There is a flat $10 handling fee added to the total order.
Q: When is payment due?
A: Full payment is due no later than 4 weeks (20 business days) prior to your scheduled performance date. Payment can be made by major credit card or by a check sent to our administrative offices.
Q: Do you accept CPS purchase orders?
A: Yes. A copy of the PO must be provided via email at least four weeks prior to the scheduled attendance date.
Q: Are reduced price tickets available?
A: The cost of our Student Matinee tickets is significantly lower than our standard weekend single and group ticket prices. Our performances are of a professional caliber and we pride ourselves in compensating our performers and artists with a living wage. However, there are specific occasions in which reduced cost tickets may be available. You might also consider scheduling a field trip to the first week of a performance, when tickets are $10 instead of $12.
Q: Will each person in my group receive an individual printed ticket?
A: No. In order to save on paper, we do not issue printed tickets to school groups. We take a head count of your group before you enter the theatre to ensure the amount of people present does not exceed the amount of tickets that were paid for.
Q: Can I make adjustments to the number of tickets I request for my group?
A: Pending availability, slight adjustments in group tickets may be accommodated without penalty prior to full payment or 4 weeks in advance of the performance, whichever is first. Final payment must reflect the amount of tickets agreed upon at the the 4 week deadline.
Q: Are educational materials available to educators prior to the performance?
A: Yes! CCT creates Program Books and Study Guides for the shows in our season. These are made available on our website approximately 1-2 weeks prior to the show’s opening.
Q: Is parking available?
A: Yes and no. Individual cars and vans are welcome to park in our lot for performances. Buses must drop off and can park in the United Center lot down Madison.
Q: I still have questions.
A: Please email Guest Services, or call at 312.374.8835.
“We LOVED the play! We were really impressed by the performance, and we had an awesome discussion of how the story connected to our unit today in class.” – Laurel McAlpine from Gunsualus Elementary
“Thank you for the opportunity to view Seedfolks. It was amazing. Our students really enjoyed the performance. It has inspired them to create their own plays and monologues.” – Angela Henderson from Hefferan Elementary
Terms and Conditions
- All payment(s) are due on the dates indicated on the Reservation Confirmation, and reservations are not guaranteed until receipt of full payment. Upon receipt of full payment ticket orders are final and no refunds will be issued. In certain cases, Chicago Children’s Theatre may require payment in full before accepting a group reservation.
- Performance Cancellation Policy: In the event of a performance cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen factors, Chicago Children’s Theatre will work with the Group to exchange into another performance within its current season. If no other performance can be agreed upon by both parties, Chicago Children’s Theatre reserves the right to retain 50% of full payment OR will authorize a refund of any and all payments previously made by the group for the contracted performance on a case-by-case basis.
- Group Cancellation Policy: To avoid penalty, cancellations must be made by email at least 6 weeks prior to the attendance date. Groups that cancel their reservation within 6 weeks or less of their scheduled attendance date will be charged 50% of the total balance due to the credit card provided on the School Group Reservation Form.
- Full payment must be received by Chicago Children’s Theatre at least 4 weeks prior to the scheduled performance date unless otherwise noted or agreed to by prior arrangement with Chicago Children’s Theatre, or the reservation will be cancelled and tickets released for sale with no refunds for any initial payment(s) made by the Group.
- Additional group rate tickets may be requested up to 48 hours prior to performance date. Additional tickets are subject to availability. Any tickets requested less than 72 hours prior to performance date may be charged at the full, non-discounted ticket price, and must be paid for in full at the time of sale.
- The number of total group tickets in a given Reservation Confirmation may be reduced EITHER up to the date that full payment is due OR 4 weeks prior to the scheduled performance date, whichever is first. Any reductions after either the 4 week deadline or full payment deadline will not be subject to any refunds. Groups falling below the 20 person minimum will be charged the regular, non-discounted ticket price.
- Please mail any checks to Chicago Children’s Theatre, ATTN: Group Sales, 100 South Racine Ave. Make checks payable to Chicago Children’s Theatre. No single ticket checks will be permitted on group orders. Only one check per payment will be accepted.
- Chicago Children’s Theatre is not responsible for refunding unclaimed tickets for prepaid groups.
- The use of any photography or recording devices by any member of the Group during the performance is strictly prohibited, and any unauthorized use of devices to capture the performance may result in the Group being removed from consideration for any future performances.
- Chicago Children’s Theatre’s liability for non-performance under this Agreement is limited solely to the total monies already paid pursuant to this Agreement prior to non-performance.
- If Chicago Children’s Theatre or the Group shall be prevented from exercising the terms of this Agreement, or if the production hereunder shall be interrupted or cancelled due to epidemic, fire, strikes, labor disputes, governmental or court order, act of God, public enemy, wars, riots, civil commotion, day of national mourning, illness of performers, or any other cause beyond the company’s or group’s control, such interruption shall not be deemed a breach of this Agreement. Every effort will be made by both parties to reschedule the field trip to a mutually agreed upon performance in the current season. If no other performance can be agreed upon by both parties, Chicago Children’s Theatre reserves the right to retain 30% of full payment OR will authorize a refund of any and all payments previously made by the group for the contracted performance on a case-by-case basis.
- This Agreement shall be subject to and governed by the law of the State of Illinois.
- All orders are subject to the terms of the agreement as listed above. If you are unable to meet the terms of this agreement, please contact Chicago Children’s Theatre immediately. Chicago Children’s Theatre reserves the right to refuse reservations.