CHICAGO CHILDREN’S THEATRE
Education & Community Programs Apprentice
The Community Programs Apprentice will work closely with the Community Programs Artistic Director and Education team to imagine, realize, coordinate and implement courses, camps and family experiences at The Station, Chicago Children’s Theatre’s new home.
- Design and run innovative craft projects for children and families
- Train with storytellers, film makers, singers, actors, and other experienced artists while assisting their courses
- Manage scheduling for meetings between teachers, parents and children
- Craft proposals for future course offerings and events
- Document course processes and help implement class and camp procedures
- Conduct research projects relating to courses, camps and activities
- Maintain list of contacts (artists, potential donors, etc.)
- Develop and support neighborhood business relationships
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist in staffing The Station front desk
- Prep/set up of classrooms with appropriate materials and equipment
24 hours/week, flexible
*This is an unpaid apprenticeship.
Skills & Qualifications:
- An interest or skill in performance and craft for children and families (either storytelling, singing, musical performance, filmmaking, painting, drawing, puppetry, etc.)
- Strong communication, organizational, and writing skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and ability to work independently
Please submit cover letter and resume to Samantha Buckman at email@example.com and CC Frank Maugeri at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Community Programs Apprentice” in the subject line.