CHICAGO CHILDREN’S THEATRE
Education Craft Apprentice
The Craft Apprentice will work closely with the Community Programs Artistic Director and Education team to realize and lead craft initiatives, projects, development, and installation at The Station, Chicago Children’s Theatres new home.
- Design and build projects for classrooms, workshops, camps, and events at Chicago Children’s Theatre
- Lead craft and build projects with children and families
- Provide artistic support to Teaching Artists in the classroom as needed (classes span a broad range of disciplines, including story-telling, filmmaking, theatre arts, dance, and craft)
- Research and propose craft and materials budgets
- Document classes for archival purposes
- From Jan 15 – March 30 (with some flexibility)
- Approximately 24-30 hours per week over a consistent 3-5 days (Monday – Saturday)
*This is an unpaid apprenticeship, however it is eligible for college credit with participating institutions.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Established skill in one of more of the following areas: painting, drawing, sculpture, graphic design, industrial design, scenic design and building, or other related areas.
- Confidence in experience in working with children ages 0-14
- Flexibility and ability to work independently.
- An interest in children’s arts programming
- CPR/First Aid certification is a plus.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and availability between the listed dates to Samantha Buckman at firstname.lastname@example.org and CC Frank Maugeri at email@example.com. Please include “Craft Apprentice” in the subject line.