Guest Services Associate
Chicago Children’s Theatre (CCT) is seeking a part-time, bilingual (Spanish) Guest Services Associates to join a successful, established team. This person will assist the team in handling the day-to-day operation of the CCT Box Office, Front of House, and concessions sales in our home, The Station at 100 South Racine Ave. This position report to the Guest Services Manager (GSM) and Director of Marketing and Communications. Below is the list of normal job duties, but it is not exhaustive.
- Assist guests over the phone, online, and in person with event ticketing, class and camp enrollment, as well as general customer service issues.
- Assist with building events, classes, performances, products, etc. in the CRM system.
- Assist with routine email communications for guests.
- Assist with concession and merchandise research and sales.
- Engage with patrons via inbound and outbound calling for various efforts.
- Process ticket donation requests for approval by GSM.
- Assist public and school groups with ticketing needs.
- Ensure compliance with federal ADA regulations for patrons.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Execute exceptional customer service, dealing with patrons, staff, artists, vendors, etc. in a professional, courteous manner.
- Ensure proper and accurate communication of event information to patrons.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree and 1 year Box Office experience required.
- Bilingual Spanish/English language proficiency is required.
- Customer Service experience essential.
- Experience with Excel spreadsheets desired.
- Experience with computerized ticketing/CRM systems.
Skills and Abilities:
- Superior customer service skills required.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and organizational skills required.
- Ability to count money, make change accurately required.
- Must be able to work extended/irregular hours, including evenings (rare), weekends, and occasional holidays.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include position you are applying for in the subject line. Due to the volume of applicants, only those selected for interview will be contacted. No phone calls.
Chicago Children’s Theatre is committed to recruiting & fostering a diverse community of staff. Women and traditionally underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE
Chicago Children’s Theatre is strongly committed to the principle of diversity & providing an equal employment opportunity in all terms and conditions of employment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, & individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexuality, national origin, disability, age (40 & over), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.