This promotion (“Promotion”) is intended for viewing and participation only in Illinois and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of Illinois and the United States. Please do not proceed if you are not a legal resident of and physically residing in Illinois at time of entry. Void where prohibited. The Promotion is sponsored by Chicago Children’s Theatre (“Sponsor”), an Illinois not-for-profit corporation with its principal place of business located at 100 South Racine Avenue, Chicago, IL 60607.
All net proceeds received from the Promotion will benefit Sponsor, a 501(c)(3) charity, and Sponsor’s mission enrich our community through diverse and significant theatrical and educational programming that engages and inspires the child in all of us.
- Entry. The Promotion is open only to individuals who are legal residents of, and physically residing in, the state of Illinois and who are at least 18 years of age or older on the date of entry.
- Entry Period. The Promotion begins on May 24, 2018 at 9:00 am Central Time (CT) and ends on June 10, 2018 at 11:59:59 am CT (“Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer shall serve as the official timepiece for the Promotion.
- Entry Method. A maximum of one thousand (1,000) Promotion tickets are available. You must be one of the first one thousand (1,000) eligible individuals to enter the Promotion during the Entry Period to be eligible for any Promotion prize (as further defined below).There are two ways to enter the Promotion. Visit The Station at 100 South Racine Ave. in person or go to chicagochildrenstheatre.org/boing and complete the entry form (you will be asked to give your full name, address, telephone number, email address, and alternate telephone number (if any)). You will then be prompted to purchase a Promotion ticket using one of the following credit cards: VISA, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. Each Promotion ticket costs $20.00. There is no limit on the number of Promotion tickets that may be purchased per household until the full number of tickets have been purchased.Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, damaged, misdirected entries or inaccurate transfer of entry information, human error, errors in Promotion materials including, without limitation, these Official Rules, technical malfunctions, lost-delayed data transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment or software or any combination thereof, inability to access web sites, damages to a user’s computer system (hardware and software) due to participation in this Promotion or any other problem or error that may occur. By entering this Promotion, entrants agree to these Official Rules and waive any ambiguity related thereto.
- Transfer/Substitution. Prizes are not transferable. No prize substitution unless so stated in the Official Rules. The following categories of prizes will be awarded if a sufficient number of Promotion tickets are sold by the Deadline (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion): one (1) Grand prize. All federal, state, and local taxes, if applicable, are the winner’s sole responsibility. Prizewinners must provide to Sponsor all tax identification information required by federal, state, or local law. The Promotion is being conducted pursuant to a raffle license issued to Sponsor by the City of Chicago. Purchasers of Promotion tickets may not re-sell their Promotion tickets to other parties and may not knowingly give such Promotion tickets away to others for the purpose of allowing those other parties to re-sell the Promotion tickets. All Promotion tickets which have been resold in violation of these Official Rules may be voided at the discretion of Sponsor. All individuals who re-sell Promotion tickets in violation of these Official Rules may be ineligible to participate in the Promotion or to win any prize at the discretion of Sponsor.
- Prize Description. A sufficient number of Promotion tickets (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) must be sold by the end of the Entry Period before any prizes will be awarded. If a sufficient number of Promotion tickets are not sold (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), all credit card orders for Promotion tickets will be cancelled.The following categories of prizes will be awarded if a sufficient number of Promotion tickets are sold by the Deadline (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion): one (1) Grand prize. The maximum value of all prizes to be awarded is $10,000. The Grand prize winner is eligible to win a maximum of $10,000 in cash. The final determination of the actual amount of cash to be awarded the Grand prize winner will be made as follows:The final values of the Grand Prize will be based on the number of Promotion tickets sold by the end of the Entry Period. If less than one thousand (1,000) Promotion tickets are sold by the end of the Entry Period but a sufficient number of Promotion tickets are sold (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) by the end of the Entry Period, the value of the cash prizes will be based on fifty percent (50%) of the monies raised through Promotion ticket sales as of the applicable deadline. The remainder of the money received by Sponsor shall be retained by Sponsor.
- Prize Winner Drawings. The winner of the Grand Prize will be determined by random drawing at Chicago Children’s Theatre, The Station on June 11, 2018 from all eligible entries received by the Deadline. Odds of winning the Grand Bird Prize will be determined by the number of Promotion tickets sold by the Bird Deadline but shall be no greater than one (1) in one thousand (1,000). Sponsor’s decision is final in all matters and issues relating to the drawing. Promotion entries are null and void and will be rejected if any part is illegible, mutilated, mechanically reproduced, or forged. Entries are the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor’s decision is final with respect to all non-drawing Promotion matters, including the awarding of prizes.
- The winners will be notified by mail or telephone or email as determined by Sponsor and required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability/publicity to be returned to Chicago Children’s Theatre within fourteen (14) days of notification. If these forms are not properly returned within that 14-day period or if the potential prize winner refuses the prize, a new winner will be selected.
- Costs. The winner waives the right to assert, as a cost of winning a prize, any and all cost of redemption, delivery or travel to redeem said prize, and any liability which might arise from redeeming, or seeking to redeem and utilize said prize. The prize is neither transferable nor assignable. Taxes, if applicable, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
- Release. By entering the Promotion, the potential winner releases Chicago Children’s Theatre and its and their respective employees, directors, trustees, agents, successors and assigns including, without limitation, advertising and promotion agencies contributing to this Promotion, from and against any and all liability with respect to participation in the Promotion or the acceptance or use of a prize including, without limitation, any injury, loss, damage, cost or expense of any kind, (including without limitation, property damage, personal injury, death and attorneys’ fees) and acknowledges that said parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, regarding any prize’s quality, mechanical condition or fitness. Chicago Children’s Theatre is not responsible for malfunction, fit, availability, delays, or damage in delivery of prizes. If a listed prize is not available, substitution is at Sponsor’s discretion, but will be of equal or greater value. By accepting a prize, winner consents to the use of his/her name and/or likeness for publicity/advertising purposes by Chicago Children’s Theatre without notice, approval, review or additional compensation in all media now known or hereafter devised or discovered throughout the universe. After accepting a prize per these Official Rules, the winner cannot return the prize to Chicago Children’s Theatre after that 30-day period following the date of the mailing of the prize documents to the winner. Except where prohibited by law, by entering this Promotion, you consent to (i) the use of your name, voice, picture, likeness, and biographical data and/or any other information contained in your entry in advertising, promotional, and marketing materials by Sponsor worldwide in all media now known or hereafter discovered or devised (including, without limitation, Sponsor’s and Sponsor Entities’ web sites) without additional compensation, notice, approval, or review and (ii) the modification, editing, adaptation, electronic alteration, use, assignment, and/or disposal of on-line entries however Sponsor sees fit and for any purpose without any notice or compensation to you or any third parties. You acknowledge that if you are chosen as a Prize winner, certain of your personally identifying information may be disclosed to third parties at least as required by law, including, without limitation, on a Winner’s List.All Prize claims and documents provided by the Prize winner must be verified by Sponsor.
- Automated Software. The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion. Should this Promotion be terminated, Sponsor reserves the right to select potential winners in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the action requiring such termination. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses to the domain associated with the e-mail address in question. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Cancellation. Sponsor shall not be liable to any winner or any other person for failure to supply a prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control.
- Governing Law. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the event that any dispute arises regarding the Promotion or any of the prizes. Any action by entrant or any third party brought to enforce these rules or, in connection with any matters related to the Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively by those courts located in Cook County, Illinois, and entrants expressly consent to the jurisdiction of said courts and waive any objections to personal jurisdiction. Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred including, without limitation, costs associated with entering the Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees or costs. Under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses and any and all right to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
- Winners List. The Promotion winner’s name can be obtained after June 15, 2018 by sending a stamped self-addressed business envelope to the address below. Requests must be received by August 30, 2018. Limit: one (1) winners list request per household.Chicago Children’s Theatre
100 South Racine Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60607
Sponsor: Chicago Children’s Theatre, 100 South Racine Ave. Chicago, IL 60607
© 2018 Chicago Children’s Theatre. All rights reserved.